View Single Post
Old 22-08-2023, 01:52 PM   #22
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Queensland Nabs More Low Level than High Level Lead Foots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
106 v 100 km/h over a 1000km journey, for eg, makes a difference of 36 minutes (excluding any hold-ups along the way due to traffic, etc). Hardly earth shattering.
Just because the speed limit says 100km/h it doesn't mean you'll average 100km/h on an interstate trip, or that I was doing 106km/h.

To maintain an average of 106km/h across the entire journey (which includes crossing Adelaide CBD and inner suburbia to pop out the SE side), as well as knowing about the average speed cameras along the Dukes Highway in SA, how fast do you think I was moving on the back roads, the highway on the safe sides of the cameras and between all the little towns on the VIC side avoiding the Western Highway?

If you drive between Melbourne and Adelaide on the Western Freeway/Western Highway you'd struggle to have an average speed of 70km/h, last time I took someone's advice to stick to the highway it took me 8.5 hours to get to the same destination because of road works and slow traffic.

I've pretty much taken the **** out of the speed limit for 12 years and the one time I got caught was by the local police on my local roads - not one camera fine or low range speeding ticket.

I've had one high range offence that cost my licence.

I'm very dubious on the 'speed kills' mantra, I reckon the limits are way too low.

There's no reason why the Tullamarine/Monash Freeway can't be 150km/h in the early hours of the morning when you have a five lane wide each direction freeway between 10 other cars.

Something I noticed was NSW drivers move way quicker on their freeways than VIC ones do, driving around Sydney is an absolute dream in comparison to Melbourne, if you don't start moving the moment the light turns Green in Sydney you got five people on the horn and that's the way it should be.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 22-08-2023 at 02:02 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote