View Single Post
Old 22-08-2022, 03:39 PM   #1626
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondeomatureguy View Post
Hi Guy's
We all think were Bulletproof some of us anyway. After the tragic death of Paul Green got me thinking we don't really talk about how we feel and just bottle it in thats the male way.
Women tend to suicide for emotional reasons, men more so for situational ones (eg. financial or work stresses, family breakdown, etc). Talking it out is pushed as some sort of cure-all, but you'd be surprised how many men had already contacted a helpline or therapist, and suicided anyway.

Talking it out isnt going to change my work situation, my financial stresses, etc. And changing those is easier said than done. Starting over heading into your fifties is not something many look forward to. Nor is the feeling of time having gone by so quick and feeling like you have little to show for it and what's the point of doing it for another 30-40 years. Life insurance doesnt help.... my death would solve my family's money stresses. Sounds cold to say it like that, but I'd be lying if I said the thought never entered my head.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote
6 users like this post: