Thread: Radio control
View Single Post
Old 22-08-2022, 01:10 PM   #179
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Radio control

Ill give my sons reasoning as to why he never brings his monster truck out to bash about with my rc cars. Its purely because he doesnt want to beat up his body shell. He has had his monster truck for 6 or so years. Its the original release traxxas bigfoot #1. So its a traxxas stampede chassis with a nice licenced f100 body on it. So basic chassis, parts are cheap and available for the chassis. Just even when available, the bodies were expensive. In stock form with the brushed motor they werent fast. Considering he was 7 when he got it for christmas, it remained stock for a few years just so he could proove he can handle it and not be reckless. Accidental breakage is acceptable, reckless breakage is different. But he well and truelly proved himself. So he has varios sets of wheels and tyres for different conditions, a wheelie bar on it and it runs an aftermarket programable 3s esc and an aftermarket 4000kv brushless motor. So the things not slow. Its not that his monster truck cant hold its own, its probably quicker then my short course truck that runs a stock 3s esc and brushless 3500kv motor.
Ive been on his back for ages about getting a new body for it. So he can not worry about the stock one getting a bit scuffed up and have a new one so the car looks pretty on the shelf. He ummed and refused for a long time. So you can still reasonably easily get the same body but with the later livery. He didnt want that. He wanted the original blue. Looking online the original blue appears to be discontinued, none are on the shebays either. So i did find one on the interweb from a place in parramatta, 1 left in stock. Asked my kid, he said he'd think about it. But i ordered it anyway.
So my kids terms, which i agreed on, he will bring his bigfoot out and jump it but only after he has the new body for it.
So its very good that he takes very good care of his stuff. But its rc, if your overly concerned you take the fun out of it. It took him quite a while to stop appologising whenever he would roll one of my rc cars. He was also very nervouse to start with with the fact id just hand either over to him, especially my monster truck as he knows the amount put into that thing. But he is my test driver. He knows enough to either confirm if something isnt 100% right, and also often points out changes to improve stuff that i dont notice.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: