Thread: Radio control
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2022, 01:42 PM   #173
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Radio control

So my kid wants to do rc this arvo. Thats fine. My monster truck has all the steering upgraded. Ive tested it and am happy with the light runs on it, but im more then happy for my son to go hard on the thing and properly torture test it.
Normally id also bring along my stock short course truck, but i wont today. It had its first proper failure last thursday. Steering servo stripped. So nothing major, just needs a new servo which is in transit.
We normally have a bag of fun running both trucks together because theyre different but each excels in its own way.
So very much a case of regardless of who is running which, we are kids in that the term 'i bet you cant do this' comes out. For example, the short course truck is was better and more stable turning hard at speed. The monster truck is heaps better at doing big jumps. From a stop, the short course truck accelerates quicker then the monster truck, but the monster truck is alot faster in the top end. And quite a bit alot faster.
So theyre very different.
The monster truck, its hardly got a standard part left on it. Just so save myself from crippling depressison i dont keep track of how much money i have in it.
The short course truck i stuck to my guns with in keeping it stock. Aftermarket wheels and tyres were $72, other minor broken bits have been $38, the clutch, $16 and the servo i ordered was $48.
So i have gotten more enjoyment from the short course truck even though i beat the crap out of it, mainly because for the most part its more reliable being stock.
Im sure the monster truck would have been for the most part reliable if it was predominantly stock. But that thing is the because i can thing. So silly over powered, modified suspensions an driveline stuff, all the sensors and cooling fans (thats more a safety thing). But give it space and apart from going rather fast, it does handle a lot better. Its still a monster truck, so theyre not supposed to handle well, but extended track width and stuff, its not completely terrible.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: