View Single Post
Old 30-05-2022, 09:20 PM   #1567
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Petrol Price crisis......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
They're all private companies so the ROI for cheap energy to locals wouldn't stack up compared to exporting them to countries like China.

Plus we have no manufacturing industry anymore, all our resource intensive industries left the country - this is a conversation we should have been having 40 years ago, not looking at it now

As far as I'm concerned, I have zero interest in financials over whats beneficial over the private company exploiting our resources and throwing Australians under the bus.

I have an interest in Australian resources benefiting Australians first (and maybe other friendly neighbors to help out).

Once we're all looked after, then they can chase money from other countries.

No Australian state should be looking down the barrel of LNG shortages or being charged out the *** in a country with an abundance of natural resources we can take advantage of cheaply.
That's kinda what I was getting at. With all our manufacturing of any significance gone, cheap energy to Australians does not pay the nation's bills. Exporting it does.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: