View Single Post
Old 09-04-2022, 07:54 PM   #1
prydey
Rob

Default Car parks. Why so hard.

A couple of the most common grievances of many people that are into cars, and some that aren't.

Both of these were at my local bunnings, but its not unique to any carpark or any state. Its common everywhere.

First one. You park miles away, with plenty of empty spaces all around, only to come out and find some numpty has parked right next to you, even though there are still plenty of spaces and many of them much closer to the entrance.

Ours is the new Escape on the right. Sure, not parked perfect but we were away from everyone. The owner of the honda just happened to arrive back at her car just as we did. Out of curiosity I asked what her thought process was in choosing to park where she did. I was kind of genuinely curious, but also be bit annoyed... I got called an idiot for my trouble and was asked if I owned the carpark. Then after she got in to her car she got a bit braver and started abusing me with the window up. No idea what she said
It does my head in. It happens so often, I just don't get the mentality behind it. Its got to be a sheep thing.

The second is when people just obviously don't give a rats. This from today...

Again, we'd parked first, in the further most corner of the car park. Came out to the above picture. The owner of the red car had just walked away, so the white car in the middle had parked second. How can you just leave it like that? I don't care if it takes some people a couple of goes to get it right. Just have some care factor. The red car was parked on a similar angle. The maddening thing was, what you can't see from the pictures, is the large amount of free spaces available.

I know I'm not the only one that has these frustrations.