View Single Post
Old 30-03-2022, 10:28 AM   #63
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Announcement 6pm 29th March - F100 Is Coming to Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz
Yeah, throw that in the who gives a rats bucket.

The whole basis for the F-Series popularity in the USA (Historically) is that they have offered an inexpensive, powerful, practical vehicle, to millions of hard-working folk in "Middle America."
Selling a couple of thousand of ridiculously overpriced conversions here, to a bunch of CUBs with TPS (Tiny-***** Syndrome), is pretty irrelevant.

Rather than a step forward, I see this as yet another sign of Ford retreating from the market, content to market a few niche vehicles.

I wonder what plans they have to Screw up the Ranger? They must surely be working on something, as it has been too successful for too long already.

Sad to think that within my Lifetime, Ford was at one point the number one selling brand in Australia, and built the number one selling car of all time.
And now they have the no2 selling vehicle. Such a massive fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Its going to be interesting to see, as its main competitors all have V8's as noted previously....how many RAM/Silverado sales were people who used to buy XR8/SS?

With 3.5 only it smells a bit of the Raptor with a 4 pot but I guess we will see.

Lots of questions but glad they are giving it a crack, I too could see a Lightning in the stable.
The 3.5 EB is a cracker. It kills the V8 in every area bar the exhaust note. There's a reason it's the most popular engine choice in F-series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched
I'd love to see them bring the Lightning here. Really has the potential to get some big sales. Although government policy is a set back.
It's simply not going to happen until Ford's new Kentucky Battery Plant comes on line within the next 2 or so years. The demand in the US for Lightning is just too great to be able to get any excess supply. It will probably come at some point down the track, but only when they can build enough of them.

The good thing is they haven't ruled anything out, and they want to get it all up and running with the 2 variants, and then go from there. Eventually the range will fill out with other models once it's all been worked out.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: