View Single Post
Old 29-03-2022, 05:44 PM   #153
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Will AU XR8 220's be a collectable car.

The price of project cars is crazy at the moment.

Whilst I can understand it from an Economic perspective, it's still not very sensible. Prices are up across the board due to supply shortages, and I suspect due to more and more cars being written off. This is being exacerbated because too many cars are still insured at pre-covid values, so with the cost of labour, small accidents are seeing them written off.
BUT, paying more as a result, for a car that won't be on the road for some time (years in many cases) AND that will be even more expensive to restore, just doesn't make financial sense.

Personally, I'm STILL waiting for everyone to start driving Chinese Electric Cars (as people have been saying for the last 20 years) so that I can snap up some smelly petrol guzzling bargains.

I have always like the AU XR8s. Whilst the look is a bit dated, at least it's unique. Many years back, I came within a inch of buying a beautiful black s2, with LPG. If I hadn't gotten jerked around by the finance company and then the dealer, I'd have her still in the garage today.
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote