View Single Post
Old 03-02-2022, 11:56 AM   #4230
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Another multiple-hour power outage at home. Thankfully, this time around, there's no covid involved.....yet.

Car ran into a power pole at the entrance to the estate I live in at 1:30 this morning. I have a house alarm with a battery back-up and it will beep every few minutes once mains supply is disconnected until such time as you acknowledge it. That woke both me and my daughter up. And then that and the noise form the emergency workers extricating the driver of the crashed vehicle stirred the dog up so she wanted to come inside. Power is still out so I'm now around at my mum's place so I can work.

The power pole was snapped off at ground level, so the driver hit it pretty hard. Reckon it will take them a while to replace it and get power back on. Apparently the driver was a 50-year old who was flown to the Alfred.

This is the third, longer than a few hours, power outage I've had in the last few months. I notice that the distribution company credited my electricity bill with $90 on my last bill, so I assume that is the poor reliability payment. Still $90 hardly covers the costs of two takeaway meals for myself and my daughter, so it's hardly adequate compensation. better than a kick in the bum, tho, and, to their credit, they credited my account without me having to chase it up.

Got a text from the distributor this morning saying that power was back on at my place, but if it wasn't, to contact them. So I call them. After listening to the usual spiel about don't report emergencies, etc, I get to the point where I select power outage, input my postcode and get told there's a known power outage in my area, if I want to add some detail to that, hang on the line. At that point, the phone call is terminated

Anyway, I shouldn't complain, I'm sure I'm in a far better state than that poor car driver, whether they were at fault or not.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: