View Single Post
Old 13-09-2021, 02:56 PM   #3701
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
As some of you may have seen previously in the pets folder, my daughter raises Guinea pigs and has been doing so for quite a few years now. As a result, we've seen a few runts struggle to survive and some even die.

One of my daughters mums gave birth to a litter of four late last week; one was a big boof but there was also a very tiny one. My daughter decided to hand rear this one, getting up through the last few nights to feed it at 3 to 4 hour intervals. As a result, she was getting very tired, so I offered to do the late feed so that she could get a decent block of sleep.

Well, the feed at 11 all went well. Put them in my daughters room and shuffled off to bed. Got woken up at 1230 by a distraught daughter saying the runt was not doing well. She died a few hours later. My daughter was so distraught she got no sleep last night. I only got a couple of hours myself.

My daughters such a softie that even after all her experience, she's still touched by the passing of a little critter. Wish I could have done more to save the little one so that I didn't have to see my daughter in that state.
Yeah it is sad when something like that happens,but it also shows young children that animals and sometimes family members do get very sick and die.As a bit of an aside one of our cats got run over on the road. Missus tried to let young daughter down gently by saying the cat had died and gone to heaven.6 y.o daughters reply was “no it hasn’t it’s lying flattened on the side of the road outside ****** house.So how do you answer that one?
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: