View Single Post
Old 25-06-2021, 02:31 PM   #3192
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

So i got 2 unbiassed opinions, and both were the same as my own. So with the new rc car i didnt tell my kid my thoughts but let him rip it and tell me what he thought. My mate next door did the wilson and stuck his head over the fence, so i let him rip it and tell me his opinion. So its unanimous, its fast. And 4x4 is semi pointless if regardless of low traction surface like loose dirt or damp grass, on a hit even at a reasonable rate of knots it just wheelies. Wheelies are fun. But the front wheels do nothing when theyre in the air. So none of that 4x4 traction when giving it a bit.
But for me atleast rc is fun. You can be as reckless as you like but not endanger yourself or others as is possible fanging your car on the streets, gives you something to modify at your own leisure if thats your choice. And if you do break something, its not the end of the world.
Its just a hobby and my kids into it. So after letting my kid rip my new car, he showed he could be responsible with extra power. So his 2wd rc monster truck has all the goodies from my old stadium truck, except the brushless motor and speed controller. So i gave him those. His first question was stone faced 'will it make his truck go as fast as my old fast stadium truck?'. His face lit up when i said yes.
And i ran him through a few things. Unlike stock speed controllers, the one i gave him has 11 programmable parameters. I wont nerd out on all that stuff, but after playing with settings you can really dial things in to your personal needs/driving style. And being aftermarket, its universalish. So 2wd/4wd/road/offroad whatever things are different with power delivery etc. But yeah, for me its all a bit of fun.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: