View Single Post
Old 09-03-2021, 02:08 PM   #196
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Driving - Your "pet hate" on the road

Its not so much road related, but not too far off. Boat ramp etiquette. The ramp i launch from, you pull up. Take your straps off, do whatever you need to do to prep for launching, then pull into the reversing lanes. Not everyone got that memo. So its annoying but not too uncommon for a line of people doing the right thing only to have a car and boat drive straight past into the reversing lanes only to then get out and start preping their boat and clogging the ramp when theres a line up of boats ready to go. The other annoying thing is its a 3 lane ramp. Im not the biggest fan of going 3 wide, but the amount of people who do bum reversing jobs taking up more the 1 lane. Now obviously, the style of boat and trailer dictates how long it takes to launch. But if someone does a bum job and takes up 2 lanes and takes 20 minutes to get it in the water, it creates quite a bottleneck. Im reasonably lucky to have a drive on/drive off roller trailer that's self centring. So launching and retreival takes a lot less time then the previous 2 trailers i had on the past boat i had, even though that boat weighed ½ as much as my current one. The main advantage to my current trailer is it has 18 rollers but no centre rollers, so you dont have to line up the centre rollers on retreival.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote