View Single Post
Old 15-11-2020, 08:14 PM   #7
titan 4380

Default Re: AU1 fuel consumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
I wasn't referring to whether it is running lean or rich. You said that you are getting poor fuel economy and it is hard to start of a morning.

That would suggest to me that it is the fuel regulator. I had a very similar problem to yours (and still do to an extent) but once I cleaned the reg it improved out of sight. I suggested the fuel regulator as it is the cheapest thing to look at first.

Your two problems could either be caused by the same problem or completely separate problems. It very well may not be the fuel regulator and could be a number of things, such as;
  • coil pack
  • leads
  • spark plugs
  • O2 sensor
  • clogged fuel filter
  • Fuel pump
  • Fuel pump recently changed and the fuel lines put back on in the wrong order

The above is not an exhaustive list.

You could always run a scan over it to check to see if it could be something else. Sometimes scans though do not pick up the actual problem though.

Failing that, spend the money and buy an O2 sensor and see if that works.
Once again, thanks for your input. I was leaning toward either O2 sensor or MAF sensor. Looking at the cars servicing history, the O2 sensor was replaced about a year ago, but I suppose that its possible for anything to fail prematurely. While the car starts easily, in cold weather it starts then dies. I had this problem on my beamer and it turned out to be the fuel lines reconnected in reverse thanks to yours truly.
titan 4380 is offline   Reply With Quote