View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 11:55 AM   #852
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The Camping Thread

I loved the fact that the A'Van could be parked in the garage, was friggin' awesome. I had to build a lean-to for our current van.

Our HWS was under the bed, not sure where to do them now as was the battery, it was a bit of a pain to get to to service, lifting the heavy bastard battery in and out was hard work, maybe they place them different now rather than under the bed right at the side and towards the back - our van had the 1D floor plan - https://www.avan.com.au/our-range/ca.../6-cruiseliner

Oh, a couple of drama's, pretty small as they were. The top part of flue from the fridge that point to external broke off and was heating the inside of the cabinetry, pretty common on them back then. Also, the little tray that collects water from the fridge condenser overflowed when we had the fridge running for 3 months, I just moved the drain to flow external

Be careful when traveling if you don't have a 2nd battery in your car, the fridge will drain your battery when parked in about 3 hours. I fitted a relay to cut power to the fridge when we parked up, actually I used an old fashioned starter solenoid, does same thing as a relay and it is a bit more heavy duty with the power supply to the van. Gonna fit one to the current van soon too

Last edited by Trevor 57; 09-11-2020 at 12:00 PM.
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: