View Single Post
Old 27-10-2020, 10:53 AM   #15
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: New Tow Tug ,What to Buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351LTD View Post
I think the Ram even has a rear axle loading problem as well but it's on the list,looked at Isuzu etc small trucks which do tick a lot of boxes but the ride lets them down especially if it's a 4x4option and the cost to get them right gets up there very quickly and if it's going to be our only transportation I am going to sick of the lack of go forward very quickly,maybe a Isuzu for towing and a mustang for fun but then I have double the expense,I think I like the expensive towing wagon with fun factor and a cheap little car to commute idea better and the v8 Ram fits the bill there!
One of the new small Isuzu trucks has independent front suspension now, this takes out a lot of its bouncy tendencies.

https://isuzu.com.au/truck-range/n-series/

Something to keep in mind the truck will be 24V and your caravan 12V so you'll need to take into account DC to DC conversion equipment too which is an extra expense you don't have with light vehicles, you'll want more than 30A worth of juice at 12V down the back and also add on electric brakes on the van which are also hungry on power.

Go drive everything on the list, it'll be a fun afternoon I reckon

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 27-10-2020 at 11:01 AM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: