View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 12:52 PM   #1179
guzzis3
AU3 ute EL futura

Default Re: Australia housing bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
OK some interesting news to come out to help the housing industry. Great, more tax payer money going into capital to help home owners FFS.

I get tradies will pick some work up but seriously what other industry gets so many hand outs?

Personally I wont be eligible due to the proposed income brackets, so we will continue our middle class slug to prop the industry up and not get our new deck....

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-...s-25k/12317786
I would and could but the real effect of these government handouts is that every vacant block of land has just gone up $25k and every builder's quote just increased by the same amount. Happens every time they do a first home owners or building industry thing.

It's not economic stimulus it's pork barreling and posturing. I thought if it looked good enough I might renovate my place but the numbers won't fly so I won't be bothering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulva
So you'll never allow yourself to love and be loved because one day it might be all over?

Sounds like you should never drive because one day you might have an accident.
A lot of blokes from my generation saw what happened to their fathers and friends and swore off marriage, myself included. The family law courts have a lot to answer for. I've had plenty of girlfriends but none cohabited.
guzzis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: