View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 02:29 PM   #1117
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Default Re: Australia housing bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Come September when the loan deferrals expire there will be a bunch of home owners under severe mortgage stress if the economy doesn't return to near normal.

They are suggesting extending the deferral program.

For how long? The banks are in a bind - they may be left holding housing stock that's worth less than the loan against it.

Mind you the way I see it - the banks are not actually losing any money, any unpaid money will just be paid later on down the track at most probably a much higher interest rate.

I've deferred my repayments and am rushing through some minor fixes in the hope I can list my place for sale mid to late July.

Sell before the slump, buy at the end of the year when things may be a little cheaper.

See what happens I guess.
Its all and good thinking planning ahead BUT highlighted above from your post is the $64M ???, deferral program or not extended whilst our Immigration is shot to pieces (that selfishly I'm glad its at a complete holt) and all other covid economy declines/disasters carrying on as IF the economy will be anywhere near back to normal end of 2020 I expect.
Decline is occuring right now from what we see......
Sell July/Aug no matter you'll be selling for less, buying (less) similar later on.
Usual turn of events same circumstance buying during when prices are high.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is online now   Reply With Quote