View Single Post
Old 29-05-2020, 07:16 PM   #1079
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Australia housing bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Overpriced graffiti riddled Sydney. Eastern suburbs has become a dirty cockroach invested hole, filled with 2 dollar shop emporiums of crap in 24hr gridlock but does at least have a harbour unlike that other filthy city on that brown river blocked by low bridges everywhere.

Newcastle the central Coast and Lake Macquarie I consider surface pretty.
Yeah- I shared a small 2 room bedsit n Coogee with my wife when we first got married, back of a large house owned by a greek couple. One of the sons was paraplegic and brain damaged, drove a v8 while drunk and no seatbelt and crashed and paid the price.

Even back then 22 years ago -catching a bus down Oxford Street to work in CBD some parts were grimy. Recently went to Bondi and was shocked how moribund it all was.

But saying that the cliff top walks and interesting beaches like Bronte, Tamarama are stunning and quaint. I also have fond memories riding a lid over the back of a guy in large surf at Maroubra beach and was put out when he told me to go to the F n kiddies beach- when I got out I walked up to where he was standing and was about to give him a gobfull when I saw he was with 3 other large looking blokes who had these weird tribal looking tats, and something in my gut said let it go.

Pleased I did now I know about a certain group there.

But although some parts of Sydney is crappy and moribund, you cannot deny it's beauty, from the craggy eastern suburb beaches, to Mosman and North heads, to the stunning beaches of Avalon, Whale beach, Barrenjoey etc. Then you have the Blue Mountains as the amphitheatre.

It is beauty and the beast all in one. Funny you talk about cockroaches, I shared a terrace in Randwick for 8 months and I was scared to go up and turn on the kitchen light at night- the walls were literally moving and warping like a scene from Inception- only it was live roaches....

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: