View Single Post
Old 22-05-2020, 03:42 PM   #26
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: 2022 Ranger and Everest ideas from CarExpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo
I've only seen D4s with the 3.0 V6 been sold for scrap value because they're in need of a new engine.
I can't say I seen any 2.7 powered D3s (or Territory) with the same issue.
Thats only my observation of regularly checking out the used market for Land Rovers but there are quite a few documented cases of failed 3.0 V6 on google.
These engines are over ten yeas old now so I guess any manufacturing or design faults will have been dealt to.
The 3 litre was beefed up for F series use. So it's not the same internally as the one used by JLR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Martin
If a 3L Land rover does an engine or even a Turbo you need to pull the body off the chassis to fix.
Can't imagine too many workshops, let alone owners willing to do that on something so heavily depreciated.
That's only because the 3 litre was incompatible with the double chassis they used for D4, as it had to use that chassis with the different 3 litre. It wasn't an issue with the 2.7. More likely a case of not being able to re-design the chassis to fit it. For an all new model it wouldn't be an issue, cause you can design around it.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote