View Single Post
Old 16-05-2020, 12:40 PM   #1005
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Australia housing bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzis3 View Post
Governments have paid lip service to this as long as I can remember but the only concrete attempt I've seen was the incentives for companies to move out to Parramatta.

Government can't control what private business does, but they do control teh public service. If it were me I'd move all PS jobs to regions apart from those that can demonstrate a compelling need to remain in the cities. I'd also canvas towns who might want to host gaols for the jobs and move those along with all public housing west of the great dividing range.

But again of course it'll never happen.

Sydney housing market isn't driven by jobs as much as it's driven by investors. The capitol gains have outstripped since the 80's.

As for water it varies from place to place. If they have enough for irrigation they have enough for humans.
I remember in the 80s 90's a few gov depts. moving out to Parkes, Bathurst regions and the PS complaining they would be forever locked out of the Sydney housing market. Don't know how many actually made the move.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote