View Single Post
Old 16-05-2020, 11:52 AM   #997
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Australia housing bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Yeah so Bendigo, Ballarat etc all could do with some manufacturing out there and some incentives so people dont need to commute.

Not saying we start doing it all over the country, and definitely not just Govco. needs to be private industrial/commercial offering blue and white collar options.
While I don't think fast rail is viable for interstate travel as we have good airport infrastructure between capital cities.

It would work well between regional capitals within Victoria, think of Melbourne CBD to Geelong, Traralgon, Ballarat, Bendigo and Albury - trains capable of 400km/h or there abouts. You could reasonably quickly get to Melbourne for work.

But yes Govco should incentivise business to move away from the CBD or suburbs - Bendigo has Thales but business there seems to find they'll put on 457 Visas or graduates then the kids or migrants will move to Melbourne post experience.

I've got three ideas im looking into:

A) 1 bedroom apartment in Melbourne northern suburbs
B) Bendigo region for unit/small house
C) Adelaide - Mt Barker or Elizabeth region low socioeconomic-ville

I don't want to have a huge mortgage over my head.

The only problem with Adelaide is getting work, I could probably transfer across to my Adelaide branch at work but that's if it's still around in a few years time as it's not going really well.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 16-05-2020 at 11:59 AM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote