View Single Post
Old 15-04-2020, 11:32 PM   #1660
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post
The chinese govt will open their markets when they want to and not give a rats what WHO or anyone else says. Like any other country they are a bit averse to others telling them what to do. They weren't truthful with WHO about the virus from the start, why would anyone believe that has changed?

The wet markets are where the locals buy their meat, not just in China but all across Asia and Africa. Because poor areas lack refrigeration locals buy meat daily and some animals are kept alive until they are sold.

Lifting over a billion people out of poverty won't happen overnight.
It is true. Whose interest do they protect? Their own of course.

Whose interest should we protect, ours, but with a measure of generosity because we are a wealthy country.

I listen to the ABC anbd Raf Epstein spoke yesterday about the big advances that have been made as a result of previous pandemics. Stethoscopes, microscopes, lots more.

I think one result here is going to be better detection at the point of exit. Maybe when you walk through the metal detector, your temperature will be taken too. Lots of changes will come and I'm grateful my parents came to Oz in the 50s.

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
2 users like this post: