Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 15-04-2020, 04:17 PM   #1632
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzis3 View Post
Given the moderators post I'm not sure if this is on topic. I'll ask, and if it's inappropriate please suggest the correct place.

Is there anywhere we can either read about or ask about specific situations where an activity is allowed or disallowed under the lockdown ?

Here is queensland I can't make head nor tail of it.

Boating appears to be allowed. Motorcycling isn't.

You can go to kmart or bunnings but it's unclear, at least to me, if you are allowed to buy and sell on gumtree.

Some businesses are specifically locked down, cinemas, cafes etc, but the building industry is somehow "essential" ??

There is no rational definition of "local".

At the risk of being political, it seems the laws have been kept deliberately inconsistent and ambiguous so you can't find out for sure before leaving home and once out you are at the mercy of the cops, at $1300 a pop. I believe those interstate are facing similar issues.

So is there a way I'm not aware of to educate yourself on this ? or get a permission slip ?

And I'm really NOT trying to start a flame war, political war or anything else. I am genuinely baffled, and it's a genuine concern for me. I have no income. I have people wanting to buy stuff off me on gumtree, and an opportunity to mow some friend's lawns for $. There are others with genuine situations that aren't being addressed at all by the platitudes and double speak of our fearless leaders. Some of us don't get welfare and the free money being hosed around by our pork barrelers in chief (from both sides of the aisle).
I agree. Here's something confusing about recreational fishing to prove your point a bit .

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-...a-qld/12117582.. The different States vary and even in Tasmania which as you can see allows a person to go for a fish fo your mental wellbeing reasons. However in the Tas Gov guidelines below you need to consider that it's essential ...How long is a piece of string then.

https://dpipwe.tas.gov.au/sea-fishin...ng-information. .

So, how does a person prove it's essential ? . Do you need some sort of doctor certificate to say that if the fisheries cops turn up ?

I wish they'd just say fishing with one or two people is permitted with social distancing adopted if more than one person or no it isn't . One or the other.

I'd love to flick a line for a couple of hours to break up the boredom of being on my own stuck at home since Thursday other than grocery and dog exercise reasons but no way will I do it if it risks health (mine or sombody elses) or breaking any current bans illegally.

Might need to ring Tasmania Police next day or two to see how they feel and if it really is okay to head off on my own to the estuary to ease the tension and frustration a bit .

These restrictions are important but surely they can make them clearer to understand . Can't they ?

Last edited by roddy1960; 15-04-2020 at 04:30 PM.