Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 23-03-2020, 09:32 PM   #439
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I observed some (anti?)social distancing today, a couple talking to an apparent acquaintance through a closed wrought iron gate. It was a bit surreal; the “body language” was a gatepost yarn but the physicality made it just weird.
I'm looking after the needs of my uncle and aunt. I get what I can for them from several stores then drop it at the door step and run before they open the door.

I wave goodbye to them from the street near my car.....

Like something out of a movie.

I'm currently at work in the CBD - hardly anyone around, the odd person walking past, most wearing masks (Like I am).

My parents still don't get it, I have told them so many times to close the gate and stay home for a few weeks, I will deliver anything they need and leave it at their gate (however my constant warnings and nagging over the last few weeks left them better prepared).

To think I may not physically see them up close or go into their house for 2 weeks or more is still not settling in.

And I'm very worried for my dad, he is a stubborn old ba5tard that just doesn't care. If you look fine your are not sick. If you just interact with someone for a short period of time you will be ok.

It's just a big joke for him. I know he will go out of his way to do as he pleases to show to everyone how tough he is - much the same as he refused to leave when the bush fires were at their back gate....

Just wonderful....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
6 users like this post: