Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 19-03-2020, 05:14 PM   #228
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
How good are they? I'm looking forward to their non flexibility causing a ****load of mortgage defaults and they all flood the market with repossessed houses

The damage that this will cause is immense if we cop huge numbers of casual job losses, imagine if the hospitality industry closes.
I remember when Whitlam stupid total incompetence destroyed my old mans business and many other business went under back in the day, then when Keating destroyed the old mans business again as well as all the rest, that went like wild fire everyone got caught out because they had no money to pay you for the work that you did or they would not pay you. I don't remember the government giving a toss to anyone.
I remember watching the News at times and we knew what was in store for us the next day, no one is going to pay you and you had no work.

I remember getting shafted all the time as well working for the old man and not getting payed for 6 weeks 3 weeks 4 weeks you name it and below the going rate, worked 7 days a week 10hr and 12hr days at least. payed half rate and for 8hr work only.
So I learned to save money and when working for myself I could handle 3 months out of work, you could always find work but it was not worth working for $3hr in your hand after tax and all if you were lucky or it cost you to work or you never got payed for a job and if I were to try get the dole I would of just been told to f off directly as your a contractor.
On top of all this people said what's the problem man in total ignorance and I would say well come on lets see you deal with such in reality, 1 week without pay and they would have a total spack attack the good for nothing bludgers would go on strike, it would be oh me oh my being hit with reality f that's savage, when most are living in a fantasy world.

And people are worried about no work for 3 months everyone should be able to deal with that, if not they will have to dig into there Super. hard times ahead.
This user likes this post: