Thread: 5000th RAM
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 01:20 PM   #160
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: 5000th RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen View Post
Diesel is dead in light commercials and passenger cars.

Petrol has gotten so good, and diesel gotten so crap in recent years that we have passed the threshold of diesel being worth it about 5 years back.

Fortunately for car makers there is a lot of sales momentum behind things like utes so they are safe for now. But like SUVs where diesel sales collapsed during 2019, utes will get to that point eventually too - I’m betting probably in the next two years
Don't know as I'm not into this type of vehicle.
Although new diesel vehicles are bog down with all the crap these days, I still don't know whether I would want a petrol 4X4 if I lived in the outback.
Something about electronics, spark plugs, dust, vibrations and river crossings that do not fill me with confidences.
Diesel were always the best for towing given their torque and ability to hold consistent coolant temps climbing mountain passes but I guess times change and so do the buying public.
The Hemi V8 has always been an iconic engine too which helps sell the RAM petrol.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: