View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 11:16 AM   #152
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRPete View Post
If you would like me to send my old one, PM me and we can arrange something. but ill probably keep it for a few weeks, just in case something happens with the second hand one i just bought.
Thanks Peter, yeah, it's important you have a backup. I'm more interested in someone with an exchanged unit, to take photos of the boards (for a small fee ~ $20) to locate the problem quickly. But if you don't have any luck and give up on the boards, I'm more than happy to pay you something for it.

It would be fairly easy to replace that whole 9v / ?v (dimmed) LED Driver part with a custom mod (9v regulator, Arduino & MOSFET - PWM driven with a new plug for the red/black wires). So one way or another, I reckon it will live again.

I'm going to try to link pins 1 & 5 on the large board today - to see if it'll power up without the small board plugged in.. With them sandwiched, it's hard to take any readings while it's on.

Last edited by JasonACT; 12-10-2019 at 11:37 AM.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: