View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 07:12 AM   #962
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Australia housing bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
I'm central Vic - regional fringe of Melbourne.

That's Melbourne's Western suburbs - unfortunately what's happening out that way is HUGE development without adequate public transport so it forces everyone into cars, I was driving around that area last week.

On the freeway the traffic was banked up about a kilometre in the emergency lane, what they were doing was trying to turn left about a kilometre down the road but lining up in the emergency lane on the freeway, by the time people realised they needed to be in the emergency lane not the left lane like normal they'd stopped on the freeway completely blocking the left lane trying to get in.

It's similar with the SE suburbs but they have better public transport options, except that industry is moving in large numbers to the SE suburbs like Dandenong and Dandenong South, that sucks for people like me who work in those industries as it's a 2.5 hour commute taken up mostly by getting stuck in congestion, it's probably only 100km distance wise.

The problem is there's about 130,000 people moving to Melbourne every year, prior to this government we haven't really had infrastructure investment required to sustain our huge growth for the past 20 years.

The government should incentivise business to move out to the other capital cities, Adelaide is a city that lacks opportunity for the little ones coming through University, they come out with a degree and no opportunity at home so they move to Melbourne or Sydney - Melbourne essentially is growing by an entire Adelaide every decade.

It's not sustainable development expanding Melbourne further and further out while we all commute by road to Melbourne CBD or Melbourne SE suburbs.

We're expected to eclipse Sydney by 2026 and become Australia largest capital city in population.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 11-10-2019 at 07:27 AM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: