View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 05:37 PM   #907
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Australia housing bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I'm in what's left of our manufacturing industry, we're a wholesale distributor as well.

Unfortunately all our suppliers are paid in USD except the local raw materials.

We're taking a hit on margin with the Australian peso at the moment.

Though good time to break into supplying the US market as we're Pacific Mexicans.

Speaking on housing prices, realistically people should probably give up the idea of a house in the suburbs on a 1/4 acre block because it's creating a huge metropolis.

Melbourne and Sydney are both monsters with gridlock chaos because everyone keeps going further and further out but the work is in Melbourne/Sydney and they're travelling in.

It would make more sense for people to live in apartments and build upwards rather than outwards.

You can get yourself a two bedroom apartment in Melbourne with a car space for $500K-$600K, it's cheaper than suburbia.

They keep on expanding suburbia South East and West.

Pakenham and Cranbourne are both considered a Melbourne suburb now and they're a long way South East.

Dandenong can take you two hours from Melbourne CBD and it's only 30km or so away from CBD in peak hour.
Yikes! So my last trip over that way I was wise to take the boat over and back (hang the cost!)

Which reminds me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yfISlGLNU