View Single Post
Old 25-03-2006, 11:43 PM   #2
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Russ#Es#
Sorry if this is a repost.

I'm considering buying one of the above very soon, and need people's input.

I'm yet to test drive the Focus (that will change soon), but test drove the above Golf and was very impressed. It was amazingly quiet (easy to say coming from an EL Falcon) and was very smooth (taking the Focus catch-phrase!). I love the interior of it too, very well thought out.

I also had a test drive of the FSI auto (was ok), 1.9L TDI manual (the torque was amazing), and finally the Polo GTI (wow!! I value my licence though, too much fun!)

Obviously I can't make any decsions until I test drive the Focus as well, just thought there would be a few people out there who have test-driven both and would like to contribute.
Personally, If Ford had a TDI Focus, it would be a no brainer.... If you did a LOT of KM the TDI Golf would be better than Petrol Focus.... Build Quality may be better than Focus long term too.
But if you want to enjoy the car for "weekend" drives, well then i would suggest going for the Focus.

The Focus hatch has heaps more usable capacity than the Golf as well.... Couldnt fit pram in Golf, but could in Focus quite easily.
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote