View Single Post
Old 26-01-2018, 02:18 PM   #60
williamisenuf
Love my FG

Default Re: FGX XR6 Vs VF SV6 and the winner is ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Bullet View Post
Um it's nice you got a new car but it might be time to settle a bit.
You realise a straight 6 has the best natural balance of all motors don't you? There is a very good reason large capacity truck motors are straight 6 cylinders. Most if not all the high-end euros run straight 6s.
It is impossible for a v6 to have a smoother idle sorry to say.
350 vs 391nm and it's not the falcon that is behind here.
Your direct injection will cause you valve problems down the track. There is a reason the 2018 coyote has kept port injection while adding direct injection.
I'm intrigued, what is ancient about the barra?

Turbos aren't reliable? Says who -you?

As for lsa vs Miami.
Only one is hand made.
Only one is quad cam
Only one is designed here
Only one produces 100hp/litre
Only one is push rod
Only one can't meet it's advertised output
The other one comes from Mexico.

You can criticise Ford for not having self parking and electric hand brakes.
You can't criticise their engines. You will lose every time.
Dude I have had 2 Barra Falcons for over 5 years and they idle like a pig! You guys are comparing both cars but never actually owned both! I have!
If you sit at the lights for more than 30 seconds the engine feels like a tractor, yes i6 engines should run smoother but in this case they just don't! The Barra engine is outdated by 20 years! Japanese cars have had the same technology Decades ago! Good thing Ford brought out the Ecoboost and I can recall them saying the Ecoboost falcon is much better than the Big i6? Doesn't the Ecoboost have direct injection? And i would rather get a valve cleaning every now and then, at least my Diff and diff bushes don't need to be replaced every 6 months! The thing I hated in every post BA Falcon is when you are driving hard then release the throttle and a massive BANG the diff slaps something horrendous even from Brand new even off the showroom floor! The Falcon would have been a much better car if it was better built, Ford cared about quality and just the overall Refinement because the falcon has no refinement what so ever!
If there is such a big difference in Torque why does the falcon loose 0-100 compared to the VF? and explain to me why I have people in the Falcon you can feel the power difference, feels sluggish on WOT! In the VF cant even tell they are there! Oh and double check because the latest High end Euros are going V6 Twin Turbo , just like the GTR!
-Prins VSI2 Vapor Injected LPG

Previous:
2007 Ford BF MK2 Futura Kashmir (RIP)
1988 Toyota Corolla AE82 CS Hatch White

Last edited by williamisenuf; 26-01-2018 at 02:35 PM.
williamisenuf is offline   Reply With Quote