View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 08:47 AM   #8
Mondoman
Starter Motor

Default Re: Citroen C5 X7 comparison

OK, it may not be the Powershift totally which makes the Mondeo so much more fun to drive but there is something there. When my son comes to Tassie at Xmas we will do some testing, just like Wheels magazine. I will report back then. Come to think of it, his 2006 Peugeot 407 HDI (diesel) with the old 2 litre motor, same as the MA and MB TDCI is more responsive as well but I put that down to a good 100 kg less. Having a better driving position and looking down the bonnet to the road certainly gives a psychological better feel.

I was interested to read in this forum the comparison between the TDCI upgrade from 97kw to 120kw and how it was achieved. This same upgrade took place at the same time with the Peugeot and Citroen (PSA) HDI's. As I am a non-hoon these days, at 68 give me comfort, Newton Metres (torque) is my need. I rarely rev the ring out of the car, in fact I doubt whether I've never gone over 5000 revs in anger. That's why I drive a diesel. With a trailer on the back and a hill to go up, it can still keep up a good gait.

So, its not all about mapping. The manufacturers map to give a compromise between fuel consumption and performance. Changing the chip to get more oomph is going to affect fuel consumption is it not?
Mondoman is offline   Reply With Quote