Thread: New to cycling
View Single Post
Old 21-06-2016, 07:51 AM   #2903
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 
Default Re: New to cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmobile View Post
For as long as I can remember , I ve been on a Selle Italia , Selle Marco or Prolongo , never had a problem . Very recently I moved on to a very nice Fizik Arione . Ater each ride, I swear I been kicked in the crown jewels , so much so, the discomfort last for many hours after the ride
I spoke with my docttor, and after an examination , he and I are both of the opinion the discomfort has been caused by the change in seat . We both think it's due to the wider and longer nose of the Fizik seat
My doctor ,a rider as well , believes I should look at a Selle SMP Evolution - he swears by it . I not so sure ??? Ugly looking seat , so much so, I can't bring myself to believe it could help
Has anyone had a similar situation once they changed seats or had any
experience with a Selle SMP seat?
I think that has to be one of the ugliest saddles on the market at this time.

Arione is a very flat saddle designed for riders with good flexibility and I have heard a lot of people have a lot of trouble with it. Antares is the more middle of the range saddle which has a bit of a kick up at the back and from what I have seen more people have good experience with this one.

The thing I like about the Specialized system is they get you to sit on some memory foam and measure the width of your sit bones which indicates what width saddle you need. Getting advice and reading reviews is very difficult for saddles as a saddle that is good for one person is anatomically a nightmare for others. Specialized having that anatomical measurement and selection of a saddle according to that is the only way to go. The other good thing with Specialized is they have a trial program where you can put down a deposit and use a trial seat to see if it works before you spend big money. Looking at the shape the Specialized Romin Evo I got is similar in specs to the Antares with a mild kick up at the rear and a bit shorter than saddles such as the Arione which are very long and flat.