View Single Post
Old 07-03-2016, 05:06 PM   #287
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeseman View Post
I think if some people are depressed about life they need help to deal with things from their past they haven't grieved about or vented about and they need to do it with someone who cares about their experiences.
Thats it in a nut shell with special consideration to the part in bold.

I think you will find this is the key to unlocking many people suffering depression, firstly admit you have a problem, identify the root causes from your life and most importantly, have someone who genuinely is interested in what you have/need to say, listen.
There is nothing more frustrating than ticking off the first two only to feel there is no one around you who is interested or has the time to listen and care.

My greatest dilemma was feeling the walls closing in on me and feeling alone because no one else noticed enough to enquire as to how i was travelling.
Communication is not one of my stronger qualities so i just let the frustration fester and before long i started to get desperate and thought of self harm to make people notice.

In hindsight, i dont blame the people around me, life is hectic and not everyone has the time to 'stop and smell the roses'. Truth is it was my own issues that were keeping me from reaching out and thankfully i made the connection before it was too late.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
7 users like this post: