View Single Post
Old 23-12-2015, 02:35 PM   #50
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: What cheap safe efficient car for Daughter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh1990 View Post
Mrs has a 2004 corolla and her mother a 2008 corolla. Don't waste your money, biggest **** heaps with problems. Neither have many Kay's (both under 130k) and mostly same niggling problems. Just replaced the shocks in the '04, it slid out on wet corners whilst driving to the conditions. CD players stop working, central locking problems, poor seats.
I somewhat agree. 18 months ago my mother in law bought a 2007 corolla with 70k on the clock and since then she has had to have the coil packs rewired and the fuel pump replaced.towings not cheap. On top of that due to a sub standard prior smash repair the rear end does horrible things to tyres because it cant be aligned properly. Toyota dealers fail to tell buyers that fact because the car has "great paint for its age".... hmmmm. The smart thing my uncle did when my cousin wanted to get her first car was to cave and get the one she had her heart set on. A 1.3l 92 civic was the slowest car in the universe but my cousin kept it in cotton wool and was even paranoid about where to park it.. paranoia is a good way to teach defensive driving. Hell I did my l's in a modified wb kingswood ute with a tickled efi motor from a 96 clubsport up front. My paranoia was the fear of death because the thing was slippery in the dry and a major handfull in the wet. It was slower than a modern taxi but the old rts suspension is dinosaur compared to these days and was the major problem. What about a focus ztech? 2l airbags, cheap to run, safe enough? One of my apprentices has one and he rates it. Just my 2c
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote