View Single Post
Old 20-12-2015, 10:13 PM   #24
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 
Default Re: AU i6 & V8 engine oil, what are you using & are you happy with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4vxc View Post
I had a 07 BF that always made that noise on start up I used Castrol Edge from the first service onwards the noise was always the same. At 105,000km's I switched to Penrite HPR5 and no more noise, completely gone!
I also have a FG that had a slight tick on startup, just did the 15,000km service using HPR5 again no noise.
For what its worth my AU11 Fairlane has 79,000km's and has been using HPR10 and is nice and quite also.
Thanks for the heads up 4vxc! Have heard nothing but praise for the HPR5, sounds like its good stuff mate! I know it was a semi synth, but now full synth, definitely worth considering down the track for sure!

cheer's, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote