View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 12:12 PM   #9
sailaway

Default Re: Mondeo MC glass mounted antenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanD View Post
Wow, I didn't even realize that the roof mounted radio aerial had been deleted on the later models.

That said, I'd be amazed if were anywhere other than the windscreen, for the following reasons:

1. Closest point to the radio,
2. Common to all models,
3. Easy to get at a power source if an aerial amplifier is needed.
4. All the other glass of adequate area in the hatch is moveable and makes for connection/routing problems.
5. The wagon rear fixed glass is quite small and may not have adequate horizontal length for an in glass antenna.

So, I'll put my money on the windscreen, and I believe that the windscreen is already tinted to the maximum allowed by legislation or through ADR rules.

In any case the antenna is within the glass panel and tinting is applied to the inside of the glass? So it should not shield the wiring of an embedded aerial and would only do so if the tint material had metallic content and was electrically connected to the car's sheet metal.

Cheers
I took my 2010 back into the dealer this week and asked if it should have a radio antenna. Especially seeing the cover of the Owners Manual show a Mondeo with one.

Reply from them was it is fitted to the rear screen of my Zetec and be careful not to break it as the replacement cost is over $700 Ouch!
2010 Ford Mondeo Zetec TDCi Diesel

Colour: Frozen White
sailaway is offline   Reply With Quote