View Single Post
Old 30-01-2015, 01:25 PM   #85
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Default Re: $700-a-year increase running an airconditioner & snap price rises of as much as 15,000 %

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
The realization came to me purely by accident. We had the air con going in the morning when the heat really began to build, and after a couple of hours of working hard you could hear how the air conditioner evened off and wasn't working near as hard once the temperature inside got down to 25. We then went out for a few hours...turning the air con off when we left...and on returning the inside/outside weather station I have said it was back up to 31 degrees inside. Turn air con on again and it worked it's ring out cooling the room down, taking quite a while to get the temp down again. This was after only a couple of hours.

Then it struck me..."Hey...wait a minute..."
I think all that is happening there is the fan slows down once the set temperature is reached. I think the refrigerant pump etc is still working so the difference in power draw would be minimal.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote