View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 05:29 PM   #1
valiant81
Starter Motor

Default Do l have a a/c problem...

Hi every one;
First post, so here goes, l have a 1999 series 1 ford sedan and only has now 48500 Kms. Great car, drives like a new car, quiet and fuss free motoring.

One small problem, while the a/c works and goes get nice and cold. But the amount of cool air comming out of the regesters, l normaly have the fan speed set to '3' and the amount of air is just adequate and '4' is flat out but very noisy and not much better. been a sedan i also have the regesters in the centre console also 'open'. I also have the air on fresh air , but doesn't matter if i have it set to recurclate.

The other problem and maybe this is how the a/c works, but when i have the a/c 'on' and the lngnition off but, but in the accesory position, the fan still runs, on low speed, even with the fan speed control turned off the a/c fan still will run on low speed. turn the key all the way to the off position and every thing turns off.

The only way to turn the fan off is to have the max a/c~ a/c buttons off. (No little lights in these switches lit ).

So while i can live with the the low fan speed when the accesory is on.

Living with the poor amount of air comming out of the viarous regesters.

Question, is there a up graded fan drum or fan motor assembly.

Kind regards Valiant81

Main reason for the post is l live in Mildura and temp up here can and have risen into the high 40 c
valiant81 is offline   Reply With Quote