View Single Post
Old 26-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #190
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Ford tried to save our manufacturing plants: Mullaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetman View Post
The best year of sales was 2009 before GM decided to suspend the Brand.
Total numbers for the year was 23000 units. That is less than 2000 units per month. When you take into account total numbers the U.S Market is good for, 2000 units of anything is ordinary. But to add fuel to the fire, think about how much the cost per unit is for developing LHD when you only build 2000 units per month. Ohh but that's right, in the last 10 years GM Holden has received nealy 60% more government funding than Ford Aust so I guess that that would cover the LHD development.

On a separate issue, the way Holden have handed the winding down of local manufacturing is really ****ing me off. They will blame all and sundries for their demise.
GM has already said they expect to sell around 5000 Chev SS's a year in the US. So the volumes are bugger all really. Nowhere near what they were selling of the Pontiac G8 and GTO.

But when you see the price they are selling them for, and have a look what other cars you can buy for the same price and it's no wonder they don't plan on selling many. Makes me wonder if the investment required to get it over there as the Chevy SS is even worth the bother at those low volumes.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote