View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 12:38 AM   #185
Phil B
Clevo power!

Default Re: Phil B's XB coupe

Went to Heathcote yesterday, had a great time there meeting people and seeing all the nice machinery. Thanks to everyone for a great day.

Won my first award at a car show, got the encouragement award which I wasn't expecting I was just using the show and shine as close parking

Here's a couple of pics of it yesterday with my lego coupe on display beside it. Thanks to Colleen for the pics!

As for the adventure on Friday...
I went to the painters in the afternoon to pick it up, looking good here:

Was all good picking it up, the guys at the shop made sure I was happy with it. Such a relief after hearing so many horror stories with painters and panelbeaters.

Then I went down the street with my fiancee, did some shopping then came back...and neither door would unlock
The lock turned a bit but not fully, and it wasnt enough to unlock. This was both sides, so there's me standing there not able to get in. By this time it's getting dark, luckily I was right outside Mitre 10 so I got some things from there and eventually managed to break in and open the doors from the inside.

While I was getting in, one of the guys from the paint shop saw us and stopped, he said we should head back to the paint shop as the owner would still be there working late. So I headed back there with the Mrs and the guy was very apologetic, got his tools out for me while he finished something so I could start getting the door trims off. I started on the drivers, look up and my Mrs is starting on getting the passengers door trim off She was such a great help, I'm very lucky. Anyway with the guys help the doors were fixed, the passengers just needed the rods adjusting, the drivers had the arm on the lock put back on backwards. Very good care and was well looked after.

A big thanks to the guys at PaintCraft in Echuca, they got the job done very well, on time, and only just over the rough price estimate they gave me, and they did a few extra things as well. I'm very happy with the result

The purple monster, daily BA XR6 turbo.

Scale Lego Technic XB Coupe with working bits! Build thread
Phil B is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: