View Single Post
Old 15-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #1356
AU Mont
Banned

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

Sounds like your doing just fine as you are, keep it up !!

1500 calories, clean food. You dont have to turn into a vegan, but no obvious crap like deep fried dagwood dogs lol

Plenty cardio & light weights 6 days a week, 1 day rest. Doing the weights you feel comfortable with is important, as muscle is a fat burner even when your doing nothing. I dont like machines at all, as it takes away alot of the effort you would normally have to use to hold free weights steadily.

For cardio, i HEAVILY recommend boxing training, even if its just hitting the bag. Yes running on a treadmill will burn fat, but the benefits in smashing a bag for 20mins a day gives you so much more. At first you'll feel like a caveman, after 2 weeks you notice how much more crisp your punches are & how much harder you can hit, how much more toned your whole body becomes, how much better your body copes & how quick it recovers from being so out of breath you dont think you can do any more.

With your heart condition, you would generally have to approach boxing training with caution, but if you can already push hard on the treadmill id say go for it. These are just my thoughts
AU Mont is offline   Reply With Quote