Thread: Ofcc-sa Chapter
View Single Post
Old 27-12-2005, 04:28 PM   #34
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

OK, so im a touch wrong, affiliate members in this case can vote, in other clubs I have been in affiliate members do not have voting rights. But they cannot be members of the comittee?

You may not tolerate anyone being a second class citizen, but your own rules dictate that they are. A person who has spent 40 thousand on their X series car, does not have the same rights as a person who bought a 600 dollar rusted EA.

Now, I asked a simple question, I asked why, and so far, I havent heard a reply except being accused of being negative. And being told if I dont like it, dont join.

I tried to be constructive and i made mention that if you wanted to get the club off the ground faster, its better to be inclusive rather then exclusive. You cant demand money for membership, just to tell applicants that their money is fine, but they arent eligible to run for comittee because of the age or model of the vehicle they drive, and expect people to stampede for membership.

TheBoss290
Dismissing the eseries club as just a www.com club is just insulting and unwarranted to a group of people who have contributed alot to the members of this site, much more, then yourself in your short 2 months here.

As to SA having too many clubs, I cant attest to that, I do know that an XR or an FPV club is obviously going to limit membership to owners of those vehicles. However a "cruise" club, really has no reason to enforce the same sorts or limitations. It serves no purpose.

You guys have made it clear, if I dont like it, dont join, well I was borderline before, but now my mind is rather made up. I wont be bothered joining with my XP.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote