View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 09:30 PM   #1277
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 
Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFP508
However, My Triglycerides are high.
(In the human body, high levels of triglycerides in the bloodstream have been linked to the risk of heart disease and stroke.)
Blood glucose is 16.4 mmol (should be between 4.0 & 8.0 mmol--millimole--one thousandth (10−3) of a mole-- the base SI unit of amount of matter)
Cholesterol is 9.7, extremely high is 5.5, should be no higher than 2.5 and...
And over the years ... the level of what your Cholesterol should be keeps dropping .... i know when I was diagnosed with my familial hypercholesteraemia ..... my levels 9.88 .... i was 12 years old ... played sport ... and skinny as a rake.

Back then I was told that 5 was excellent and to bring it back down to that .... now they are saying that it needs to be below 2.5 as you mentioned.

Back in 1990 .... there was no information out there about cholesterol treatment .. I was literally a guinea pig myself then ... and was changed from medication to medication as years progressed ... I have been on medication for 24 years now ... will be 36 this year.

I am back on a previous medication that I used to be on ... as going through my results over the years ... it worked the best for me. So I am back on that now.

I have been bad though ... and skipped my medication here and there ... and for some long periods ... undoing all the prior good work that I did though.

And as for courier work .... i used to do it as a 2nd job ... thinking this would be decent for my fitness ... but it really wasn't ... there were some larger hand unload and lifting work ... but mostly fork on/fork off stuff and little to no work from me ... that and combined shiftwork as well ... not good for diet and a healthy lifestyle.

I am lucky though that all other tests I had done came back as normal ... and apparently I am part of the 15% of Australians that have better than sufficiently levels of Vitamin D in their system ... go figure.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: