View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 02:28 AM   #1261
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k View Post
So ... have been putting this off for a bit now ... more so a lack of motivation more than anything.

Cut a long story short ... I have managed to get to about 98-99kg at the moment.
I'm a whisker under 5 foot 11 inches (179 cm) to go with it.

I also suffer from a hereditary Cholesterol condition where adjusting diet does not lower cholesterol ... and have been on medication since age of 12 (35 now)

I need to move more than anything ... my diet is fairly good with the odd bad day I guess. I have adjusting coffee and soft drink intake and swapped it mainly for water more than anything and this I do feel better for.

One thing that does make it hard is that I do shift work and a lot of nightshift. I have a 3yo boy ... and another on the way.

This year I want to do something about it ... as I know that if i don't keep it in check I'll end up going the way of my Father .... who died at 40 (due to the fact that he had the condition unbeknown to him).

Anyway ... want to get my life back on track really ... and want to live longer than 40 as well.

Going to ease myself into some cardio ... I know from prior experience of going all out to start with ... I ended up in pain which made it harder to persist with it.

Will try and track my course over the next coming months and see if i can keep up with it ... or fail miserably.
Good work man! Slowly ease into some easy cardio like an exercise bike. I have bad knees so I stick with the bike for my cardio work anyway, but it's nice and easy to do, and a lot more fun (IMO) than running.

My progress has hit a bit of a plateau which means I'm going to have to change my exercise routine up a little bit. I've started lifting weights over cardio at the gym and because of this my weight has gone up, as I said a few posts back. My stomach is still getting flatter though and my love handles are still slowly disappearing.

I have also been smoke free since NYE.

Here is a photo update from last night at my cousin's 21st. My brothers mate, then me, then my cousin, then my brother pictured left to right. Compare this image with the one I posted earlier in the thread... I am very happy even though I still have a way to go.

Now (note that I am crouching down as well):

Then:

82lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, bigger cooler, Plazmaman piping, SS Growler, tune, ZF tune, Crow valve springs so far.

Ozracing coilovers, Pedders sway bars front and rear.

315rwkw

Last edited by MWTB; 07-01-2013 at 02:36 AM.
MWTB is offline   Reply With Quote