Thread: Cruise control
View Single Post
Old 31-01-2005, 02:25 PM   #17
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Mink the airbag isn't replaced, that is total rubbish trust me, amazing a Dealer told you that!!! No way in conceivable hell would they replace an airbag, thos things cost a BOMB. They only replace the actualy rim of the wheel, they simply remove the airbag and centre hub/horn cover. The New wheel come with the cruise parts connected. The silly thing is it is only like $50 more for leather wrap cpmpared with non-leather, why wouldn't you?!!!

As for the Cruise on ST and Zetec, it's purely the VDC and not the 6-speed. It is something to do with the fact that the VDC is an older system (7 years old now) which was never designed for Cruise control dual capability. The annoying thing is the Territory uses a VDC like system called DSC which has TC and SC along with Cruise, however it is the latest Bosch 8.0 program which was developed only a year ago or so so it is much smarter. I'm still annoyed, Cruise would make my car perfect.

It should be able to be fitted manually elsewhere, but remeber it's not a factory install so it'll never be official, but if it does the job then it's all good.

Lastly, it only costs about $100 - $150 fora good leather wrap of the stock wheel, which has the bonus of making it fatter and choosing the colour you want. I'm going to re-wrap my worn leather (must have corrosive sweat in my hands, or maybe the KFC grease from all the crap I eat...) in two tone grey and black. Then you can add your own cruise (I'm talking here for those of us lucky enough to have a Focus equipped with VDC, so a Zetec or sn ST)

The Power window switches are only in the Ghia, they are special switches with the global close, and they are not available on any other model, however you can have it done on any other model you want aftermarket.

Hope it all helps!

By the way in case you don't know, I worked in a Dealership for months in sales and now work for Ford Mo Co in Melb Head Office so I've had a little exposre to the background for a while ;)