View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 11:21 PM   #339
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 
Default Re: Time to mod my LV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
You might have some luck with the XR4 Fiesta mods, if you want to go further than flash tunes because its the same engine isn't it?
I think so, from memory it puts out 110kw / 190Nm from factory, my current LV is 107kw/ 185Nm but of course the Fiesta is a fair bit lighter. My model has the same air filter as the XR5, I fitted a K & N (E2993) to it not long after I bought it and that along with a sports muffler has improved it heaps over stock. I don't want to go overboard whilst it's still in the early stages of new car warranty either. I don't see minor modifications, or even a flash tune, doing anything other than improving the way the car runs and probably prolonging the engines life. I want to try and pick up another stock airbox and have a bit of a play with that and try and get some more cold air flow going, the trouble is a lack of play room under the bonnet :(
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote