View Single Post
Old 29-04-2012, 01:36 AM   #44
Phil B
Clevo power!

Default Re: Phil B's XB coupe

Holy crap I tell you I've giving poor ebay and my credit card a work out! And keeping the posties in a job.
So far I've bought a door handle, haven't fitted it yet.
Parcel shelf, also not fitted.
Boot carpet, been in, now back out, but I should put it back in for now (got other trim bits to do in the boot still, later)
Stuff thats not here yet: air cleaner sticker (sheer coz I damn well can factor, thats an extra 20 horses right there ay?). Plastic boot lock cover and ignition and door locks set because I'm having lots of trouble with the ignition and a bit of trouble with the passenger door.

Progress report: During the week dad fixed up the rear side indicators and number plate light, should the number plate light have a lens over it or is it just the bare globe hanging out?

Today: I welded up a small rust hole in the boot floor, so glad I could borrow a MIG, just wouldn't have happened with the trusty old arc!
The sun visors didn't have the stoppers on the end to hold them in the clip, so I bought some from bunnings last week and made them fit today.
I made up a bolt to hold down the spare wheel, found a proper one with the butterfly top in the shed but it was to short, small amount of drilling, grinding and welding later and the top was welded to a longer bolt.
I freed up the movement of the drivers seat, so I can now sit where I need to!

Not heaps left for a roadworthy now, just the passenger door, radiator and windscreen washers really. Plan is now to get a permit next weekend to get it to the tyre place for new fronts and an alignment, mechanics for inspection and service. Then take the radiator out and get it fixed, also see if there's a thermostat in when we do that because I don't think there is. Then roadworthy, rego and driving...everywhere...all the time...because I can!

After that it's just mostly interior and boot trim pieces, with the boot I'm planning on boxing it out with storage boxes on the sides to put the jack and stuff in (not the original jack but one that works without wrecking the car).

The purple monster, daily BA XR6 turbo.

Scale Lego Technic XB Coupe with working bits! Build thread

Last edited by Phil B; 29-04-2012 at 01:42 AM.
Phil B is offline   Reply With Quote