View Single Post
Old 21-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #34
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Default Re: Phil B's XB coupe

i have had the front of my coupe lowered 2 inches since the late 80's (do front springs sag?). my spoiler has been on since 1990 and i have touched one gutter - it was miles higher than standard gutters and i should have known better

mine clears all normal gutters. obviously i try to be aware around driveways that have a steep rise in them, but usually i do not have problems. there is a friend's house that i couldn't get up because of the steepness of the road (down) and their driveway (up). there was 1 kfc around flemington that i was too scared to try one of their driveways, but that is the extent of my problems. not being an everyday car helps, but if you are aware and know what you can and cannot clear, then you shouldn't have a problem

not being a holden, this is not a problem, but if it needs to go on the back of a truck, then the spoiler will get in the way. if they tow from the front, it is likely to be torn off, from the rear it may touch as it the road and ramps meet. mine is held on by self tappers, so that would not be a problem if it needed towing. as usual it is about keeping your eye on the surroundings and going from there

and i am not sure if mine could get up wheel ramps anyway, but with the spoiler there is no hope - once again, check before doing anything

Last edited by gtxb67; 21-04-2012 at 10:19 AM.
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote