View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #18
martyk54

Default Re: FG MK II New Colours

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E
At both Ford and Holden I had dealers say that the trend now was, if not silver (which I find pretty bland), to go for darker colours as they "imply prestige".
But at Holden we could easily see the car that everyone stopped and looked at was the extremely bright yellow SV6 they had out front, and at Ford everyone looked at a very bright blue XR6, "thier most popular demo car" we were told...don't they kind of take notice of what people are attracted to? I'll admit the Edge colour suits our G6E, but the brighter colours are much more striking.
Silver - I've never understood it. If you ever wanted to dull the look of a car, silver will do the job. They always seem to sell for less 2nd hand too.

That's interesting regarding the yellow / bright blue. I think you'll find that most people will be attracted to the bright colours but see them as too controversial to actually own. Most worry about what others will think of them and would rather not attract attention. As silly as it sounds it's very true.
martyk54 is offline   Reply With Quote